Wednesday, September 17, 2008

...how patriotic...


Greetings from Chester County, PA. The air is cool and crisp this morning with little humidity and our run was great. My American Flag out back gets tangled every day so it is part of my morning routine to fill the birdfeeders and unwrap the flag. This past Sunday at Yellow Springs I learned that Betsy Ross had nothing to do with the creation of our beloved flag. Google it. On this day in 1787 our American Constitution was signed in Philadelphia, PA, just a hop, skip and a 29 mile drive from here. And then on this day in 1814 Francis Scott (stay on) Key finished his poem "The Star Spangled Banner". And then, and please keep in mind that The Miss America Pageant began in 1921, on this day in 1983 Vanessa Williams became the first Black Miss America. I wasn't necessarily saving the best for last but that is kind of a long time... anyway...BB came in and picked up her Cheval Mirror and it was still a little sticky from the gel stain. I guess humidity had something to do with that. The beautiful table and chairs that I sold on Saturday are in good stock. Yippee. I also came up with several replacement possibilities for my design friend and I checked stock on every item. The ragweed or something is wild out there. Both me and my Pom sound like the poster people for Michael Learned's "Sinusitis" foundation. Ahhh, Autumn will be here before we know it. I am looking forward to tonight 'cause I am having dinner with EA. I wish everyone a great day and know that God will give us the strength that we need. I can say that without hesitation because it's MY blog. The photo today is of a Fall Centerpiece of gourds made of carved wood. Not for eating purposes! For decoration only. We need to keep our teeth at least until Halloween is over. And maybe even through Thanksgiving.