Friday, September 19, 2008

...a pressing issue...


Greetings everyone from a very autumnal Chester County, PA. Forecasters were calling for possible frost last evening but I didn't get any here. I hate to take the plants in, but I say that every year. I had dinner last evening with my great friend and we both swear that the ghost of AP still resides there. Call me crazy...I don't care. I won't divulge much of this ghost 'cause if I do people will be able to Google and then find out where my friend lives. Not that everyone who reads this isn't a cool cat, but after the hacker jerk, the bank manager with no financial skills, the 'friend' who almost killed us by rear ending a long line of traffic on the Schuylkill Expressway (yikes) and the business associate who repeatedly mimics and then doesn't remember, I am having a week of waning trust. Hopefully it is all a part of the harvest Moon and these items aren't permanent and pressing issues. Here I go again giving kudos to UPS, the people in Brown. Their corporation is so well-run that it is probably the easiest part of Internet sales. A major fabric house is filing bankruptcy which doesn't bode well for a client who needs 35 yards of a stripe, 6 yards of their damask and another 6 yards of a textured woven. That is being somewhat selfish and I wish them all the best in this trying time. Is it too early for a cocktail? That isn't a pressing issue, but this certainly is. On this day in 1692 Giles Corey is pressed to death after refusing to plead in the Salem witch trials. Yikes. What a way to go. Reminds me of an old client...I am kidding. Please keep in mind that this form of execution is no longer sanctioned by any governing body. (supposedly) Also on this day, but in 1952 the U.S. barred Charlie Chaplin from re-entering the country after a trip to England. I include this in my 'pressing' blog only because Charlie Chaplin studios became A&M Records where my beloved KC became a star. (this link is to a clip that I watched from Naperville, IL at AA and UD's home that summer.) Don't ask the year. I don't consider it pressing at all. Wink.Today's photo, due to last night's chill is a blanket rack. Have a good day! I want to wear my fish shirt, probably for one of the last times this year and it needs a little...pressing.