Saturday, February 28, 2009

...odd...


Greetings. It is cold and clear this fine morning in Chester County, PA. The same associate called me three times already this morning within a 5 minute time span to leave the same message about a very unimportant item, and it isn't even 8 o'clock! It is quite strange to be around someone like that and very unnerving to be around a mental disorder so please say a prayer for me. But that isn't the oddest thing that has ever happened! On this day in 1939 the erroneous word "Dord" was discovered in the Webster's New International Dictionary, Second Edition, prompting an investigation. It turns out that a handwritten submission 'D or d' made it's way into the text. Odd. When it was finally discovered, the printing plate had to be re-done and the definition for 'Dore Furnace' had to be lengthened to fill space. I placed a linen order yesterday only to find that many items had to be placed on back order. Hmmm. Maybe it is a bit soon to be ordering Beach House items but I did it anyway. The many Silhouette Shades arrived late yesterday and I found it odd that so many custom window treatments could be made and delivered in such quick succession. For that I am happy. Sometimes odd is good! I have shop hours and a repeat customer after I close the store today and she is a delight. Her favorite color combination is blue and yellow so I will come prepared. Her daughter is a gem and a very smart young gal so maybe the oddness that was early this morning will be replaced with kindness and normalcy. I will do my best to balance the scales. Have a great day. Today's photo is of a 'Large White Leaves on Black' hook rug.

'I'm insanely optimistic. For odd, weird reasons, things always work out.' Richard Jefferson