Saturday, February 21, 2009

...sew what...


Just about anything! Greetings from a sunny and 24 degreed Chester County morning. Yesterday was a great day as so many things fell into place. I received a letter from Penn Dot and now have a particular person to assist me in my registration and title woes. I also won (at least for now) another round regarding a person who purchased something from my website and then continually lied about it. It was a first for me and so totally bizarre and wrong. She called to say that she had received the incorrect item. I, of course told her that I would make good on it immediately. All I needed was verification as everything goes through my hands before shipping to a client. When she learned that I needed verification, her storey changed. The item then became 'broken in two' and then 'missing inches and inches of paint' and then 'much larger than what the website stated', and so on. Very odd. Then she filed with the Better Business Bureau which took me many, many hours to communicate my case back and forth which I finally won. Then she called her credit card company and they gave her back her money and took it from my account. This while she is still enjoying the item at her home. I won again with all of my documentation even tho', as we all know, just because one is right does not mean that they will win. Life can be crazy and time consuming but I say 'persevere' and never quit. I realize that in this day and age we have to 'choose our battles' but sometimes lies are lies and have to be countered. And you say sew what? I'll tell you what. On this day in 1842 John Greenough was granted the first U.S. patent for the sewing machine. That makes for many a livelihood! I cannot imagine not having a sewing machine close by. One day I will tell you about the crazy dame who lost it in a grocery store, told lies and then didn't have the integrity to say that she lied. Oddly, sometimes what goes around, comes around...right HG? Talk about a gassbag. I guess I will mention a couple of people affected by liars this morning as it seems to be coming from my fingertips. On this day in 1975 regarding the Watergate Scandal: Former United States Attorney General John Mitchell and former White House aides Haldeman and Erlichman were sentenced to prison. Sometimes innocent people suffer because of the creeps. Life can be so scary can't it, when people go around being dishonest. Everyone is affected by this type of person. I just don't know why. I do know that people are tending toward spring and summer on my website and in my shop as 'Tropical Fish Hand Towels' , 'Blue Angelfish Hook Pillow', and very Beach House fabrics like 'Alisha' in color Rouge and 'Porterdale' in the Watermelon colorway by the terrific Carole Fabrics are being viewed and purchased. Even at 24 degrees, I seem to hear the birds singing more happily. Sew what??? I love Spring. I love every season but I am ready for the warmth and regeneration that Spring brings. Have a great day. Today's photo is my 'Bird Table' that also has matching chairs, (sold separately)...and that's the truth. ***now for a laugh...I told you that friends called from Naples to wish me a Happy Birthday and sang in unison, right. Well, turns out they were at an Italian restaurant and the server brought over Birthday Cake for them. LOLOLOL! They certainly enjoyed my Birthday. Yippeee!***

'The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.' Zig Ziglar