Saturday, February 7, 2009

...ahhh, chocolate...


Hello. It is again slightly overcast in Chester County, PA today. Work yesterday went very well and my head was happy to finally hit the pillow. Visions of sugarplums did not dance in my head, but chocolate may have. I stopped into my favorite spot to grab a large cappuccino late yesterday afternoon and the proprietor was hand making Valentine's Day confections made of chocolate. The sight was something to behold and I had to have a photo of it. They don't let just anyone into their private kitchen so I felt privileged. Hair nets and rubber gloves are worn and the place is immaculate. But anyway, let's get to the point. Oasis Living Cuisine makes organic, raw foods which also include their chocolate treats. We all know that Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I thought that you may want to buy some unique chocolates and send them to your sweetie OR keep them for yourself, depending on your relationship status. They do ship and if you mistakenly put my address in, that's ok. I keep it healthy as you probably know and I wanted to give a little lesson today on the health benefits of chocolate. I know. Neither did I. But now we all will. I also want you to know that on this day in 1962 the United States banned all Cuban imports and exports. Yikes. I can do without the potables, but please keep shipping rice and chocolate! Anyway, please read on and then get some chocolate. It does a body good!

Cacao, the source of chocolate, contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay.

The smell of chocolate may increase the brain waves, resulting in relaxation.

Chocolate contains phenyl ethyl amine, a mild mood elevator.

The cocoa butter in chocolate contains oleic acid, a mono-unsaturated fat which may raise good cholesterol.

Drinking a cup of hot chocolate or eating a small amount of chocolate before meals may actually diminish your appetite.

Men who eat chocolate live a year longer than those who don't.

The flavanoids in chocolate may help keep blood vessels elastic.

Chocolate increases antioxidant levels in the blood.

Mexican healers use chocolate to treat bronchitis and insect bites.

The carbohydrates in chocolate raise serotonin levels in the brain, resulting in a sense of well-being.

Oasis Living Cuisine has a website so that you may shop online. If you would rather phone call their number is toll free 877-913-9797.

Today I have shop hours so I had better get rolling. Clients are coming in to pick up their chocolate brown Omega Lamps and then I have to finalize a black and linen toile and check kitchen design. Have a great day, look at the sun and do something good for yourself and your sweetie. Eat some chocolate!

'All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.' Charles M. Schultz
Hit this link to hear one of my favorite songs entitled 'Oasis' by the inimitable Roberta Flack. Not the best sound quality but you get the idea...