Wednesday, February 25, 2009

...aw, shoot...


Hello. It is again sunny and cold in Chester County, PA. I should probably skip the weather descriptions until they change so as not to bore the reader. Yesterday was a good day although difficult for a couple of hours as I had to explain and do some hand holding to a person who has trouble staying on track and focusing on the task at hand but I persevered. I would like a medal but wouldn't we all! Maybe a six gun salute. Something. I sent out a Happy Birthday email to KD and wish her a great day. Little Percy is hanging tough and not eating much but I keep positive thoughts going in his direction and know that he will be fine and hiding from everyone in the very near future. On this day in 1836 Samuel Colt received an American patent for beer. Wait. No. For the Colt Revolver. I know that this topic can be very volatile so I will steer clear from my opinion on here. I will say that I was shot at once in NYC but it hit the car door and I was held up at gunpoint while working at a WAWA when I was very young. I wasn't hurt in either case but would have loved to have shot back both times in their sneaky, thief-like gun-toting legs. I know that when one pulls a firearm they are supposed to shoot to kill. I would prefer to take out a kneecap but let's get off of this topic now. The vendor who is making my horizontal sheer shades called yesterday asking for some cash. Luckily I have it and wonder if many other companies are having cash flow troubles. This was a first for me in having to give them cash in advance and I hope they make it. I am thankful every day that I write business and never take it for granted. I wish that for everyone but we know that it isn't how it always goes. A special lady had to cancel her birthday celebration due to an illness in my family and she did it without hesitation or whining. And, she hasn't mentioned it since. That is a class act. It will come around. That I know. I told you about the drapery weight fabrics that I ordered last week and how smoothly it went. As it turns out, a couple of brush fringe trims and a cord with lip are back ordered until, well, my next birthday so today I will reselect to keep the job moving. I do have to say that, aside from the attitude from the blind vendor, both Kravet and Robert Allen were absolutely terrific and offered to do my legwork for me. More class acts. I have been thinking about NO a lot lately which means that she will be calling me soon. Isn't that how it works for you? Aw, shoot. I love positive thinking. Have a great day and stick to your guns if you know you are right. If you aren't, please be the first to admit it and move on. Nobody is perfect. Today's photo is of a custom headboard. I can make them in many shapes, all sizes and a whole lot of fabrics.
'Fate loves the fearless.' James Russell Lowell