Friday, February 20, 2009

...please mr. postman...


Greetings! It is downright cold here in Chester County, PA today and the winds are blowing again. I had to finally get rid of the oldest bird feeder and the new one doesn't seem to be attracting the way that the old one did. How do I know? Because it's still full. And on a cold morning like this it makes me sad that the usual visitors are not eating here. I hope they soon realize that the large red feeder isn't a monster... We just finished with Valentine's Day and then my birthday, two of the largest worldwide holidays that make use of greeting cards and postal stamps. Christmas may be ahead of my birthday but I haven't yet checked the statistics. Interestingly, on this day in 1792 the Postal Service Act, establishing the U.S. Post Office was signed by then President George Washington. Is it a coincidence that only one day after my birthday this was enacted? I still use the postal service, but definitely not as often as I did even a year ago and wonder how they stay afloat. I guess at 42 cents per single letter they must be doing alright. I ordered those Prestige Window Fashions blinds yesterday, checking over the order not less than four times and know that I did everything perfectly. Let's hope now that everything arrives perfectly. It will. I sent out more wall paper samples to Texas yesterday also. I stumbled upon a wall paper book while doing something else and found another Chinois series and also several more damask patterns. The more the merrier, they say. Who 'they' is I have not yet figured out. Friends called me from Naples last evening where it was in the mid seventies to toast my birthday. How nice. A group of people began to sing into the phone and for a moment I thought that it was the University Of Florida School Of Music. Then I heard PC's voice and knew that it was not. I also received a blast from the past as an old school chum emailed me a photo of me in the 5th grade. I am thankful that I finally grew into my ears. Today will be a good day and I am sure that no one will go postal. Have a great day. In today's photo I am second row, second from the left. Tomorrow's blog will be less about me and more about something else.