Monday, February 9, 2009

...stars...


Greetings! It is 28 degrees and sunny here in Chester County, PA. Interestingly, on this day in 1870 the U.S. Weather Bureau was established. If the skies are as clear tonight as they are this morning we will certainly be able to see stars later on. Another interesting note: on this day in 1960 Joanne Woodward received the first star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. 'Tread lightly!' I did not watch the Grammy Awards last evening but I did read this morning that Coldplay won for 'Viva La Vida'. Infectious and somewhat parallel to the state of affairs these days, if you haven't heard it (and I'm quite sure that you have) give it a listen. The premise is...a man who used to be King of the world now sweeps floors. Done with a great melody and kicking beat it is a keeper. I delivered two Omega lamps on Saturday and they were a huge hit. Saturday at the shop had an air of desperation for two people and I felt sorry for them. One man returned some stock wallpaper and must have thought that I was going to give him a hard time about the return. I didn't and he was a bit more relaxed and left happy. For some things are tight and I understand that. Just be honest and real and don't try to play games and everything will be fine from my end. Choose to be a dishonest playa and that changes the rules drastically. We all go through rough times and we all have moments when we feel like stars. That's because we all are stars. Everyone is special. It does seem tho' that some require more attention than others. So be it. Let's do the best we can to enjoy life even with it's ups and downs. Okay? Think of it this way...Joanne Woodward's star must have gotten stepped on many, many times since this day in 1960. That doesn't make her any less of a star, now does it! Yesterday was spent with family and that always does my soul good. The toile wallpaper people were away on Saturday but I will keep you informed. Have a great day, stars!