Wednesday, February 11, 2009

...gold...


Greetings! There is a terribly misbehaved Schipperke in Chester County, PA and he resides in my house. I worked until very late and when I finally returned home I found that he had chewed my Mud Mocks, LL Bean hiking boots and one sneaker. Talk about the cat that chewed your new shoes...this one is a dog! Speaking of which, on this day in 1941 the first gold record was presented to Glenn Miller for "Cat That Chewed Your New Shoes" better known as "Chattanooga Choo Choo". This was the #1 song across the United States on December 7th, 1941. The Glenn Miller recording, RCA Bluebird B-11230-B, was no.1 for nine weeks on the Billboard Best Sellers chart. I vaguely remember dancing to this while downloading it onto my IPOD. (this may or may not be true). I received a large box filled with brand new upholstery weight fabrics from Carole and am still familiarizing myself with them. I have been looking more and more at Sanderson and hope that it becomes a large part of my future. Since we are on the subject of gold, on this day in 1808 Anthracite coal was first burned as fuel, experimentally. From what I remember, it quickly made the room much warmer but gave off an odd smell. Don't hold me to that tho' as it was many years ago. It is already 50 degrees here in Chester County, PA this morning and I love it. Right around Christmas it makes sense to be cold and snowy but now that those Holidays are over, Mother Nature is welcome to bring Spring along...no matter what that rascal saw when he peeked out of his groundhog hole. The Beach House section of my website is growing in hits so I am guessing that more than just me are beginning to think about warmer weather and lighter design ideas. Today's photo is of Charlie and Jimmy and if that isn't worth it's weight in gold, what is? Have a great day.
'If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation and to raise the dead with tears, then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping.' Sophocles