Monday, February 23, 2009

...healthy, wealthy and wise...


Greetings. It is sunny and again cold here in Chester County, PA. Flu viruses have been running rampant and I am grateful that nothing has taken me down. I am the type who never tends to take things for granted. I even give thanks every morning when the water runs hot. Anyway, free of germs today I feel the need to comment on a huge medical discovery that virtually eradicated Polio. On this day in 1954 the first mass inoculation of children against polio with the Salk vaccine began in Pittsburgh. Jonas Salk developed the injectable dead virus and it was followed by an oral drug and Polio, except for a few cases is all but gone. Maybe one day all disease will have a cure and people will thrive and live, uhm..forever. Yikes. Maybe not forever... I have a few errands to run and then back to my house to continue on a project that I would like to finish by day's end. Please say a prayer for JJC as he is a bit under the weather today. I am probably one of none who did not watch the Academy Awards last night. I had every intention of doing so but then the evening got away from me. The commute to work this morning was virtually vehicle free...hmmmm. Is today a Holiday and I don't know it? I have to hit the gym now and try my best to remain healthy. I hope the same for you. I should stay and wait for those drapery fabrics to arrive but am feeling a little ansey and not in the mood to wait around. Do you ever get that way? Luckily Salk didn't remain idle either. He also worked on an AIDS vaccine in his later career. Some people are simply born to achieve. Thank God for them. Today's photo is of a 'Gilded Blue Songbird Pillow' and it makes me want Spring to hurry up. Have a great day and stay healthy.
'It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.' Mohandas Gandhi