Friday, February 6, 2009

...how high the Queen...


Greetings! It is overcast and Friday here in Chester County, PA today and my thermometer claims 19 degrees but it seems a whole lot warmer than that to me. How high it will get is a secret at this moment because my weather access states NA. No matter how high it does end up getting today it will probably pale in comparison to the heights reached by Elizabeth II both literally and figuratively on this day in 1952. She became Queen upon the death of her father George VI. At the exact moment of succession, she was in a tree house at the Treetops Hotel in Kenya. And where else would the future Queen be hanging out? The Treetops Hotel was literally built into the tops of the trees of the Aberdares National Park as a tree house, offering the guests a close view of the local wildlife in complete safety. The idea was to provide a hunting platform on a tree during shikar (hunting season) in India so that people could experience it in relative safety and comfort. Several people that I know were laid off from work temporarily last night and I feel and pray for them. I also count my lucky stars daily that I am still cranking along. I sit here writing about hunting as I look outside to the birds eating breakfast from the houses that I fill daily. Snow covered and cold, I sometimes wonder who designed this complex machine. Well, I know who but I would like to know more. Maybe not real soon, but at some point. There are those who go out hunting and those who feed the wild and we all share the same space. Or try to. I will ship the abstract art again to that great gal in Texas as she is on vacation until next week. I meet with two clients tomorrow and cannot wait. Drapery, wall coverings , lamps and maybe a bedside table or two. I have been given a good instinct for this livelihood. It isn't like I sit high up in trees and watch people to learn what they do and do not like...*cue in rustling of leaves and branches from high above* but I usually can figure out what they need. Today's photo is the album cover of Carly Simon's 'Boys In The Trees'. Well done, isn't it? Have a great day and, uhm, happy hunting!
'I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.' Joe E. Lewis
...tomorrow...your connection for raw Valentine's Day chocolate and this is from the horse's (mine) mouth..