Monday, December 8, 2008

...dogma...


Greetings! It is a bit overcast today and wintry in coldness but we still had a great walk in the park, coated appropriately. Passersby have begun beeping as I guess three little dogs in matching plaid wool coats are quite a sight to behold. I did it simply to keep them warm, but I'm glad that the sight brings a positive energy to strangers. Let's leave it at that happy thought and don't try to dispute it. I installed yesterday and had a very nice lunch to boot. Ugh, that was forced. Anyway, one of their kitty cats will not come out of hiding when I'm there but even still, the client/friend had a package for the dogs that is an early Holiday gift to them. How thoughtful and kind. The universe keeps rolling along providing good things. Two extremely good things happened on this day. In 1854 Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma (something that isn't disputed) of Immaculate Conception, which holds that the Virgin Mary was born free of original sin. Also on this day but many, many years later, my Mom was born. She came up with a clever idea to have T-Shirts made for young girls who became pregnant but never planned on becoming pregnant. She wanted to call the line the 'Me Too Mary' T-Shirt line. Happy Birthday Mom! I put a link on Mary that is my absolute favorite version of 'Ave Maria' in it's understated yet earth shatteringly moving way. I have to finish a wallpaper hanging today and need to do an exceptional job as the client has invited me to her Holiday Party. I can't have my wallpaper dropping off of the walls during the entree. Did I mention that the furniture delivery of Saturday went well? Well, it did. Angels are everywhere. The pieces looked great, she picked up some pillow covers from Greece and we sat in them to christen the room with a nice glass of Ginger Ale. The clients had a mixture of cinnamon and cloves simmering on the stove when I arrived and it smelled so good. Did you just conjure up that scent as you read this? Good. A very cool and stylish gal came into the shop mid-morning Saturday and picked up a black and cream toile ceramic piece that looks just wonderful. I never put it on my website and it is a one of a kind as it turns out. So was the Virgin Mary. So was my Mom. Have a great day everyone. And if your Mom is still on earth, please call her if she is a distance from you. If she is close make sure to hug her today 'cause you never know when God may want her back.