Thursday, December 18, 2008

...grinchy...


Greetings!

The weather is warmer than late yesterday,

and flurries of snow sure are coming our way.

I heard on the radio this is a fact

so batten the hatches so all are intact.

I worked until midnight, well later that's true

I looked at my clock and it was just about 2

I grabbed all the boys and I headed to bed

The day was a full one, I rested my head.

I woke up with vigor and jumped up to start

another full day with joy in my heart.

I got to the shop with no issue or stress

and faxed a work order; they got it I'd guess.

I then went to sign on and fill out my blog

and noticed a kewl thing to add to this log

On this day in '66 The Grinch made it's debut

and has been on TV every year, it's the right thing to do.

I'll now link some store stuff to peddle my wares

and remind everybody to watch when it airs!


Have a great day.

The Grinch cartoon is a classic narrated by Boris Karloff, and the singing is done by the legendary Thurl Ravenscroft, who, in addition to having an awesome name, did tons of voices for Disney including that of Kirby, the Brave Little Toaster. The Grinch is probably the best Christmas special in that it is a timeless classic. It has no product tie-ins, (oops) no pop culture references, and nothing to date it. Best thing? It's not sappy.