Wednesday, December 10, 2008

...what goes up...


Greetings everyone. What goes up must come down and the rain today is certainly proving that point. If it wasn't so warm it might be snow but for now we here in Chester County, PA will enjoy the rain. That nice lady from Dodge City who ordered one of those magnificent Dodge Station Clocks phoned. She purchased a Hotel in Dodge City and it sounds like an awesome business venture. The clock will leave my shop late today on it's way to a wall in the most appropriately named spot. The Internet can sure be fun. I have the same clock hanging above one of my desks but it doesn't have to come down just yet. I was smart this time and ordered a few of the most popular items and they are safely boxed in the storage area of my shop. S and L stopped in yesterday and need aqua and chocolate custom drapery for a bedroom. I will find several fabric offerings and hopefully, (like the last time we created together) we will mix several patterns to keep the space interesting long after I exit with my drapery installation toolbox. The song on the radio right now was on top of the charts for a few Holidays and is ascending the charts again this year. What goes up must come down and then go back up again? It is very 'Carpentery' and I love it. Isaac Newton loved the up and down thing...Good Lord, not that! I am referring to gravity. On this day in 1684 his derivation of Kepler's Laws from his theory of gravity was read to the Royal Society by Edmund Halley. And yes, that comet was named after him. Edmund was an astronomer among other sciences. I am in the midst of taking apart two upholstered footstools that need to be stripped, (the wood like I mentioned in a recent post) repainted and then upholstered. Oh what fun it is! Hopefully the day will be relatively quiet chat wise so that I may accomplish all that I need to. I hope that for everyone else also. I am now going to turn UP the volume and let the Holiday music fill the air. Have a great day and when it comes to gravity, outside the gym and those special face creams, embrace gravity. Either that or sleep upside down like a Vampire and fight it for all that it's worth. I won't tell Isaac. Pictured today are decorative gift boxes available on my website.