Tuesday, December 16, 2008

...stimulation...


Greetings! It is a rather warm, rainy day here in Chester County, PA. I just finished a cappuccino and went for an invigorating walk with the boys. Wake up! This time of year especially, people have so much going on that sometimes (or all of the time) one may need an extra jolt to keep going. I have found, as mentioned in a past blog, both Boo Koo and Rockstar energy drinks. Along with cappuccino and coffee they make for a good booster. I do enjoy a good cup of hot tea or in the Summer some Iced Tea but sometimes I don't like the way tea acts with me. Speaking of tea acts, on this day in 1773 the Boston Tea Party occurred. Members of the Sons of Liberty disguised as Mohawks dumped crates of tea into Boston harbor as a protest against the Tea Act which had everything to do with taxes. Ironic as this is one reason why we all have to put in so many hours, eh? I digress. Back to artificial means of staying alert. Saturday a blast from the past called on me and now we are doing chocolate and aqua in a haunted bedroom. (Score the scary music again, maestro). Sunday I worked on the bar stools among other tasks and that took the majority of my day. Monday I was at the mechanic' s at 7:30 am. They open at 8 as a rule but extended that courtesy to me of opening early and I am always amazed at how kindly many people treat me. I then rushed off to install those Graber Lightweave Shades that I had sold back in the Summer...don't bother looking back at that past blog. In a nutshell, they were the pain in the *** window treatments that I had to completely remake but guess what??? They worked perfectly. Yippee. Now I can finally erase them from my 'To Do' list. Also yesterday I got more of those adorable Nutcracker postage stamps and mailed 30 more cards off. Well, 29. Remember that cappuccino I had mentioned? Please don't be in such a rush to fill the bird feeders that you carelessly whip the mug around, compromising the card and envelope to the (not so) near but very dear. Today I need to do work orders for pinch pleated drapery and a floor plan for carpeting. I am usually totally against carpeting a hardwood floor wall to wall, but in this case it is entirely appropriate. The room is cold what with the ghost and all so it will be a vast improvement when the installation has been completed. The color is Butternut and will add a hint of warmth to the space without it looking yellow. I got my packages off to Virginia yesterday also and hope against hope that the huge Candy Cane sticks remain intact. I do my shopping throughout the year, retail trained, so this time of year that part of the process is never a stress for me. I am out of clocks at the shop which is a good and a bad thing. I sort of missed the accessory mark regarding timepieces and will place another accessory order today but that shipment will probably arrive after the Holidays. And we only have 4 minutes to save the world? Hmmmm. Tick, tock. Welp, that cappuccino has hardly even made a dent so I will bid you all a fair adieu and get rolling. Have a great day! Stay alert and for those who like this sort of thing, get some sleep!
Today's photo is from 'What's New'. I just updated that section so it really is new.