Saturday, December 27, 2008

...let's dance...


Hello. It is foggy but warm here in Chester County, PA this morning. My shop parking lot is virtually empty, except for my large black vehicle and I am guessing that people are all shopped/returned out. I have to get the place looking acceptable again as several items are now gone due to the Holiday shopping season. I already miss the radio stations that were filled with Holiday music up until about a few minutes ago. Click of the switch and we are back to rock. Maybe I'll dance while I rearrange along with Mich Jagger, Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty. Then again, maybe not. I am feeling a bit inspired because on this day in 1932 Radio City Music Hall opened in New York City...Roxy, Rockefeller??? A few posts back I shared that a friend of mine won tickets to their Christmas Gala show and he had a great time. Also, I am somewhat quickly filling up my 'dance tracks' play list on my new IPod that Santa brought me. He must have seen how I drove while trying desperately to locate a dropped CD and thought of my on road safety. Thanks Santa! I have to sort through and prep/cut fabrics for a new job today and then get my deer whistles safely back on my front bumper. They fell off when I was gently (lol) washing my truck. Tonight is the Holiday Party at the client who put in a wine tasting room. I wallpapered, chose area rugs and did that Venetian finish on the walls that I told you about a few posts back. I guess they like the result 'cause I am invited to party with them. Maybe there will be dancing. Perhaps not before the wine tasting but definitely after it! What? Did some of you say that you are glum after all of the hustle and bustle of the Holidays? Read the title of this blog. Dance! Exercise is a great way to get those endorphins popping, and perhaps burn off some of those extra calories that may have been added during this season. The holidays take up so much time, that you've probably neglected yourself. Beat the post-holiday 'glums' by taking the time to do something for yourself. Go shopping for a few new items of clothing or home fashions (wink) with your holiday gift money, or use those gift cards that you've stacked up. But if you don't want to face the malls anymore, then just draw a hot bath, and relax with a good book. If you are feeling burned out and that is so probable, then don't just keep going. Take some time out and kiss those post-holiday blues goodbye! My nephew came over on Christmas night and even though he was under the weather, took the time to dance just as a Disney movie was ending. Tired eyes, a spoonful of medicine in his system and bedtime calling, he still took the time to dance. I suggest you take a lesson from a 5 year old and do the same. And get with it y'all. New Year's Eve is just around the corner. And then Valentine's Day, President's Day, Mardi Gras, Daylight Savings Time, St. Patrick's Day, First Day of Spring and so on... so snap out of it and celebrate! Have a great day.