Tuesday, December 23, 2008

...grimm for the holidays...


Greetings! Does your home smell of baked goodies yet? Brownies, Spanish Wedding Cookies or Gingerbread perhaps? We are in the middle of Hanukkah and fast approaching Christmas so I bet my question is a resounding 'yes'. Many like gingerbread, but don't overeat or let it become the death of you! That almost happened to two little darlings of Germanic descent. Hansel and Gretel devoured a house made of Gingerbread and Candies that was occupied by a witch, which almost led to their demise. Those children had to watch their backs from the beginning of their lives what with their b*tch of a mother and w*tch of a witch. But they remained clever and steadfast and survived. This Grimm's Fairytale was put to music and an opera was first performed on this day in 1893. The opera Hansel and Gretel by Engelbert Humperdinck is first performed. Not the same Humperdinck that sang 'After The Loving' in the mid seventies, but a different one. The lighting fixtures arrived and J is on her way into the shop to pick them up. I also dropped of gifts for the postman, UPS driver, printer and a few other folks that are in my life almost daily. It is nice to be appreciated and not have to watch your back and I know that I am that type of person. I also like to remember those kind people, no matter how small the gesture. It would be a great world if everyone were that way, but whatever. Just stay on your toes and ignore the bad stuff and embrace the good stuff. I have a business associate who tells crazy stories and when I called this person on the behavior they told me that they like to do this to people because it 'entertains'. It is best to keep these types of people at arms length as one never knows when they are being honest or 'entertaining'. Sounds to me like someone may have a few modern day Grimm's fairy tales up their sleeve. Tomorrow morning I deliver a sofa, in the afternoon I meet friends for s Holiday luncheon and Christmas Eve dinner begins at 4. I may not be able to wish those who Celebrate Christmas a Happy One so I will do that right now. Be at peace, be thankful for what you have and not miffed at what you do not have and keep the day special. If someone becomes a persistent pain in the neck, you can always 'take away the breadcrumbs' in your own special way.