Tuesday, December 30, 2008

...where?...




Greetings! Believe it or not we are fast approaching the end of 2008 and there is nothing that I can do about it. 2007 was a year that I didn't want to end either and I think that that is a good thing. There are always ups and downs but all of my years have had more good than bad and in that respect I am blessed. I hope that everyone who takes the time to read this blog can report same. I also hope that whatever you do this New Year's Eve makes you feel great. Perhaps a dinner party with loved ones and friends within an innovative theme. Sort of like what happened on this day in 1853. A dinner party was held inside a life-size model of an Iguanadon created by Benjamin Waterhouse Hawkins and Sir Richard Owen in south London. Iguanodon is a kind of dinosaur that grew into the duck billed dinosaur variety. Please pass the butter...
I returned home last night at around midnight after quite the arduous day/night to find a huge box at my front door. What a spirit lifter that was! My sister was very upset when she learned that my gifts hadn't been received by Christmas and I kept assuring her that it was a non issue. Some of those angels out there routed that box to arrive at the perfect time. Today's photo is another picture of my tree with more gifts under it. I am lucky. The winds are howling here this morning and the neighborhood recycling is pretty much everywhere. I expect a phone call from the beach near Naples, FL later this afternoon giving me the weather report down there. I always enjoy fielding those calls. (smirk) My cat is on my lap as I type and the dogs are upstairs enjoying their Holiday cookies. I would like to stay home today but the shop may need my attention. Have a great day and if you are having trouble deciding what to do on New Year's Eve , keep it simple. And safe. And fun. Sort of like Waterhouse and Owen but maybe without the dinosaur.