Friday, October 24, 2008

...word travels fast...


Greetings! It was pretty chilly this morning here in Chester County, PA. Our walk was nice and isolated. We had the park to ourselves and we loved it. The trees are still creating beauty and my cell phone didn't ring at all at that hour. Honestly, I bring it in case of emergency but do not turn it on until we are finished our morning ritual. We like the peace and quiet. I got back home, fired up my laptop and read emails from my various addresses. I then read my postal mail, answered the land line and got ready for work. Upon entering the store, line #2 was ringing and it was a fax, alerting me that my Graber Crystal Pleated Shade order shipped on the 23rd of this month. (yesterday). And we wonder why our hearts race at times. There is a lot of communication going on, and it seems to be getting faster and faster. The first time in history that this happened was the Pony Express which kept communications open between the East and West coasts. They went bust, ending up in the red because on this day in 1861, the first transcontinental telegraph system was completed, making it possible to transmit messages rapidly (by mid-19th-century standards) from coast to coast. This technological advance, pioneered by inventor Samuel F.B. Morse, brought an end to the Pony Express, the horseback mail service which had previously provided the fastest communication between the East and the West. I wonder if he had any idea that the Internet would ever be possible. I was wide awake last night but it wasn't a tormented awake and I am not sure why. Late yesterday I attached these arm cover buttons to a sofa which made the client happy. Otherwise, the piece would have to have been reupholstered. This way it buys them time and looks natty too. I am enjoying my new sound system in my Yukon XL and hope that the vehicles around me are enjoying it also. I plan on presenting the carpet suggestions either this evening after the gym or tomorrow after work and before the Halloween Party. Have a great day. Keep the lines of communication open when it comes to friends and loved ones. And try not to talk too fast. Sometimes it is good to take it slow.