Tuesday, October 28, 2008

...see the light...




It is raining and chilly here in Chester County, PA. We skipped the drive to the park and kept it local. After towel drying the boys, they still require a little more TLC so one is on my lap, one is under the covers of a bed, one is sitting under a lamp and one is...well, off by himself in his usual aloof stance. Speaking of TLC, if anyone has a relative or knows of someone who...well, we all need to show a little extra TLC today because on this day in 1942 2,000 Jewish children and 6,000 Jewish adults from Krakow were deported by Germans to Belzec death camp. It is still so hard for me to comprehend that an evil of this magnitude could happen. But then I look to current day activities and can see that people get away with horrible s*it all of the time; maybe not to this horrid extent, but ugly things occur. So do beautiful things, please keep that in mind. Saturday night's Halloween Party, for example. I 'met' everyone from Michael Douglass and Catherine Zeta Jones from their 'Wall Street Days' to Wonder(bread)Woman to a man with a huge magnet around his neck with little yellow stuffed chicks attached, (I'll give y'all a second to figure that one out), to a Pit Crew...Great people, great food, great Mineral Water. ( I was designated driver). Sunday was spent working from home, making much progress on tomatoes and diamonds. Monday I varnished an old trunk for a client, repaired some unsightly wallpaper seams from ceiling paper, repaired the hose that comes from the back of my dryer and then met a friend and went in search of the new G2 phone. I had every intention of bringing my outdoor bistro sets in last night but ran out of time. I have to today or next Spring they may be a rusty mess. Have a great day everyone. Be fair, be kind but if you sense mistreatment follow your instincts and don't take any s*it. It is dark here in Chester County, but still try to see the light.