Friday, October 10, 2008

...progress...



Greetings all! It is again clear and sunny in Chester County, PA today. I found casters last evening to replace for a wonderful client but am not sure that they will work. Sometimes this job takes a lot of running around! With the internet, Blackberry's and other technological advances tho', usually I can save time by calling or web investigating first. I have noticed too, that even in this questionable economy, little ol' me keeps selling either through my shop or via my website so thanks to progress! One small downside of this current financial situation though, is that long term vendors are suddenly upping their minimums. Unfair. I call a foul! I will slowly be removing these vendors from my website, (talk about time), but it is important to not change the rules mid-season. That goes for other things too...*clears throat* The park this morning was beautiful with the changing leaves that Chester County provides. M was at the park who informed me that the fog raising from the dewy grass were actually Gnomes making Split Pea Soup. My mind begins to race just as I awake and it's nice to hear sweet things like that to get back to reality. I found a table, lamp and chair for tomorrow's client and think that they will be more than happy. One furniture vendor in specific has found a way to make reproduction pieces in a less expensive fashion than having to hand carve. That's what I call progress. On this day in 1969 King Crimson released their debut album, In the Court of the Crimson King, considered by many to be the first progressive rock album. One more comment regarding progress. My laptop was stolen a while back and I couldn't find the flash drives that I had used to back up my corporate forms like brochures, business cards, invoices as well as a library of design photos from work that I had completed. Let's hear it for technology and for a random plastic bag that I found in the back of the shop with (light bulbs???) (thanks, dear) so I will be uploading many more photos. Yippee!