Friday, October 17, 2008

...what a way to go...




Greetings from Chester County, PA on this crisp, bordering on 'nippy' fall morning. I brought the plants in from the deck just in case of frost last night, but it never got that cold. I would hate for them to freeze, as that would be a terrible way to go especially after providing me and my friends with such beauty all Spring and Summer. Another way to go, but possibly not so terrible happened on this day in 1814. The London Beer Flood occurred on this day in the London parish (snickers)of St. Giles in the UK. At theMeux and Company Brewery, a huge vat containing over 135,000 gallons of beer ruptured, causing other vats in the same building to succumb in a domino effect. As a result, more than 323,000 gallons of beer burst out and gushed into the streets. The wave of beer destroyed two homes and crumbled the wall of the Tavistock Arms pub, trapping the barmaid under the rubble. The wave left 9 people dead: 8 due to drowning, one from alcohol poisoning. ( Hi Buffy!) I got an order for Ceramic Tassels in the wee hours of the night in the Rugby colorway. She will be delighted when they arrive as they are well constructed and hand painted. I fixed my speaker dilemma yesterday after searching hi and lo on the Internet and then by vehicle to find the exact speaker. I also received word that the beautiful Graber Sheer Delight Shades that I sold this past weekend had been discontinued. Seems a competitor did not like the idea of this innovative and cost efficient way of producing such a unique and lovely shade that they...bought up all of the fabric in an FU sort of way. I am sure that this will make many designers and clients alike happy to do future business with (not) said company. For more information on the vendor who played such sneaky tactics, please email me at Jim@allthroughthehouseinc.com. Today's photo is of my Autumn Roses Needlepoint Rug. I cannot believe that it's Friday already. Time flies when your having flood. Have a great day.