Saturday, October 4, 2008

...what goes up...


Good day! This is Saturday and it is clear and sunny in Chester County, PA. I spent a little while on a ladder today repairing the Prestige Faux Wood Blind to great success. It was a bit high, but I got up and down just fine. Speaking of high, last evening I applied the first coat of an oil-based varnish to a table. Yikes. I had all windows open but still there was residual highness. This morning when I went down to view the table I considered it beautiful. Late last evening I went to a friend's deck and hung out for a while to get some fresh air and eat. Her son was having a sleep-over and her BF had just that evening lost his beloved cat so it was pretty heady. Then this morning as I left the blind client's home, (not seeing impaired, the repaired blind) I learned that a friend of theirs who was a client of mine this time last year had died this week at the age of 42 from cancer. Aside from shades and window treatments, they had bought a console from me for TV and other electronics in the family room. Little did I know that the young man would spend practically that entire year in the family room until his early death. A woman from FLA found my website and ordered seaside themed pillows! Seems appropriate to me. I visited clients/friends yesterday also who are moving and walked their gorgeous property that they will miss dearly. I also took down kitchen valances to be re-worked in their new kitchen. If anyone watches reruns of 'Reba', it is the Robert Allen Teacup fabric in the kitchen of the silly blond haired woman and Reba's ex. What goes up, can come down...and up again! On this day in 1911, the first public elevator ran in London's Earl's Court Metro Station. Wheee! Have a great day everyone. I will report on Tuesday how we liked the show we will be attending tomorrow.