Friday, October 3, 2008

...what hungers you?...


Greetings! No sooner did I get into the shop than a nice lady bought Rooster Plates. I made sure to warn her that the plates were for decoration only and not made to hold food. She said that she already knew that and that she collected roosters of many shapes, sizes and forms as her hobby. That was her hunger. When she left I hurriedly went to look up what a rooster symbolizes and here is what I found: Pride, Honesty, Courage ,Vigilance, Arrogance, Strength,Watchfulness and Flamboyance. hmmm. Not a word about 'cocky' but I guess it is implied. That is a lot of symbolism. I stayed up until about 1:30 adding layers of color to that Round Table and it is looking good. This evening I will sand away some of the color to reveal wood and then varnish it. Exciting, eh? I went to B's last evening and, regarding hunger, had London Broil and salad and it was yummy. Then lala attempted to beat the pants off of me at Ping Pong. Brazen devil. Luckily I had boxers on underneath. I helped a lady yesterday with wallpaper and hope she feels better. She was weak with a cold and I felt for her. I said felt FOR her. geez... I told her to eat soup and go to bed. Food again. On this day in 1964 the first Buffalo Wings are made at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. Also on this day, but in 1981 the hunger strike by The Irish Republican Army the Irish National Liberation Army prisoners at the Maze Prison in Northern Ireland ended after seven months and ten deaths. I am seeing round tables in my periphery. Please make it go away! I don't know what today has in store or outside the store for me but hope it is good. I wish the same for you. Whatever you hunger for, do your best to achieve it.