Thursday, October 16, 2008

...first!...


Oh, what a beautiful morning...here in Chester County, PA. It is sunny, warm and the autumn colors are a sight to behold. "Leaves are falling baby, so are we.' We actually ate outside last evening, combining that with bringing more outdoor furniture down to the basement. If this weather keeps up, maybe the pool can remain open year 'round! That would be a first, and a welcome one for me. I love a few snow showers around the holidays but once they are over, bring on the warm weather. I didn't watch the debate last evening, I played Ping Pong instead and then did some painting. That isn't me in the video, by the way but I may or may not have provided the voice over. Speaking of debates, I hate lies, or when people divert from answering a question. (slamming segue) I have been driving for many years and do love my music. Another first occured yesterday as I was cranking the drum line from 'Only Yesterday' , my favorite song of all time from my truck's sound system and blew out one of my speakers. I will replace it today if time allows. Here is an interesting story regarding that song. The man who played that amazing drum part is pure genius, beauty, talent and rhythm combined. He really knew how to pound those drums. He also knew how to pound a hammer,as this is the method that he used to murder his Mom in cold blood and is still, I think, in the slammer. Another case of beauty and horror wrapped up in the same entity. He was the drummer also on 'Layla' and countless other hits. Just say NO to drugs people. They can really f*ck with your mind and ruin your life as well as the lives of those around you. I think that is a first also. *sighs* I found a wallpaper yesterday for a client and it was easier to find that needle in the haystack. Imagine trying to coordinate teal, salmon, late 70's blue, cream and white in a medium scale floral? Thanks to Norwall I did it. I would rather go to the beach today rather than the shop as it is so nice out but playing hookie on a Thursday would be a first for me, unless one wants to count High School. A few more interesting firsts occured on this day: in 1869 England's first residential college for women, Girton College, Cambridge, is founded. In 1875 Brigham Young University is founded in Provo, Utah. In 1916 Margaret Sanger founded Planned Parenthood by opening the first U.S. birth control clinic. In 1923 The Walt Disney Company is founded by Walt and his brother, Roy. Who? I know. That's probably how Richard feels. Anyway, on this day in 1995 the Million Man March occured inWashington, DC. What are we going to do today that will be a first? One never knows... as always, have a great day, keep the hammers to a minimum, unless you are a Carpenter,...yikes, nevermind... and be the first to do something wonderful.