Saturday, October 18, 2008

...with gloves on...


Greetings! And Brrrrrrr! This morning is a beautiful, crisp Autumn day here in Chester County, PA. The dogs already come with gloves but I had to don mine as it was pretty chilly outside early this morning. Not Alaska chilly, but cool/cold nevertheless. I prepped for the Internet sales shipments which requires downloading UPS tags, calculating sizes and weights, packaging properly and filling out email alerts. I have it down pat now, thankfully. I hung out with my neighbor LS (cha) last night and we laughed a lot which is always a good thing. Today after shop hours I am going on a hayride with ML, her nephews and mine to choose a pumpkin and get into the Halloween/Holiday spirit. I have my lights up and orange things hither and yon...that tends to get the rest of the neighborhood going. Tomorrow I help my MS friend move some more. Two dear friends, one with MS the other with MS and fighting cancer! Yikes. When I whine on here about a discontinued fabric, please come over and hit me upside my head. I received new carpet samples from Masland, a handful of fabrics from Fabricut and wallpaper from Norwall yesterday, these three companies tend to be on the ball always with excellent customer service. So does Kravet for that matter. A lady from some faroff state called yesterday regarding my website to tell me that one of my fabrics has been discontinued! Who needs sales reps when potential customers and blog fans continue to help me out! I am kidding, sales reps. Well, most of you... I cleaned and changed my front window yesterday. It really needed a more Autumnal appearance. I also pushed a vacuum that my AA and UD gave me. The sound was a bit of a shock as I rarely use that device but I survived. My neighbor's wine tasting room is coming along swimmingly. Just in time for the Holidays too I might add. Speaking of cooler weather, on this day in 1867 the U.S. took formal possession of Alaska from Russia. I can almost see it from my deck. I am sitting here wondering if that was such a good idea. Anyway, have a great day everyone...and a great weekend. (wink.)