Wednesday, October 8, 2008

...where there's smoke...




Greetings. Yesterday seemed endless even tho' clients and people at the gym were great. I went directly home and spent the evening with my housemates. It's odd how anniversaries of a sad variety can play with the mind. It wasn't real cold outside around 9 pm, but I chose to make a fire which was the second of the season thus far. Items that were neither discontinued nor back-ordered arrived so fast that it surprised me. Those clients came in yesterday and are a delight. They are moving from a home that I decorated over ten years ago to a senior type of facility that would require less work for them and more time to enjoy their golden years. My Mom wasn't so lucky and God forgive me, but I sat there feeling a bit resentful yesterday which is unfair but I am just stating how I feel. I dropped off the Dodge Station Clock this morning to the UPS Store on it's way to Texas. I won't provide another link to it...we all get the idea that it is available on my website. I have to get my act together for a Halloween Party on the 25th of this month and hope to put together a great costume. It is sort of a challenge as everyone going to that party will be well dressed. I added a few new furniture items to my site yesterday and they are pretty unique. I try to save the cardboard boxes from these orders so that I can re-ship them when an Internet order comes in...but sometimes they sell off of the showroom floor and I am left with a lot of cardboard. I brought some home and used it as starter wood last evening which reminds me...on this day in 1871 four major fires broke out on the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago, Peshtigo, Wisconsin, and Holland and Manistee, both in Michigan. The Great Chicago Fire is the most famous of these, leaving nearly 100,000 people homeless, although the Peshtigo Fire killed as many as 2,500 people making it the deadliest fire in US history. Get those flues cleaned everyone!