Thursday, October 23, 2008

...everything changes?...


Good day from a clear, cool Chester County! I shipped a couple packages out from my website and am a bit envious of the Florida address right now, even though I loved our long walk this morning which required knit hat and gloves. The changing leaves are really something to behold and I must remember to bring along a camera for those of you who cannot experience a Chester County autumn. K seems excited about the carpeting and runners that I proposed yesterday and will bring the samples to her home one of these evenings for the final decision. I stopped by the Goodwill yesterday to drop off some sweaters and while I was there glanced around for a cowboy hat but found none. What I did find were long lines and that happened this time last year right before Halloween. Some things never change. On this day in 1915 in New York City,
25 to 33 thousand women marched on Fifth Avenue to advocate their right to vote. On November 4th, we have the right to vote for a woman! You betcha! Also on this day in 1929, after a steady decline in stock market prices since a peak in September, the New York Stock Exchange begins to show signs of panic. Today's photo is of a Wall Urn and you can fill it with different flowers, both dried and fresh. Keep changing it! I am set for Saturday. Friends in West Chester are having a Costume Party and it will be a blast. About 50 people are coming so it is somewhat of a large party and nice people will be there. Some things never change! Have a great day everyone.