Tuesday, October 14, 2008

...prosperity...


Greetings from a beautiful, crisp Chester County morning. The stock market soared and will probably go up and down for some time now until things begin to adjust. Saturday I went to a long term client's home and it felt like family. They remember the smallest of detail and it is both flattering and caring. The wife is funny as hell also. I brought out the things that I stated on an earlier blog and they liked all but one piece. I had their tray ceiling wallpapered many a year ago and some of the seams are separating. I will remedy that one day because it still looks great. Please keep in mind that the ceiling is considered to be the fifth wall in a room and should be treated with the same care as the walls standing vertically. Sunday I went to another friend/client and we had a great time also. I brought the animals who spent the afternoon out back. They slept on the ride home which was a miracle of sorts, thoroughly satisfied with the day. That is surely a wonderful form of prosperity. Tonight is the Full Hunter's Moon which symbolizes a bountiful harvest as the leaves are falling and 'gathering' is made easier for humans and animals alike. We can all put this theory to good use with our positive energy, asking the universe to provide for us all. Along the lines of prosperity and bounty, on this day in 1789 George Washington proclaimed the first Thanksgiving Day. The holiday's origins trace to harvest festivals that have been celebrated in many cultures since ancient times, and most people celebrate by gathering at home with family or friends for a holiday feast. A tradition also exists to share the fruits of the harvest with those who are less fortunate. This occurs on the fourth Thursday in November, which....and don't panic, is just around the corner. Thankfully no one has to prepare for a wedding along with all of the holiday responsibilities! Whew. That would simply be too much. I ordered a new style of area rug for a client and am probably more excited than she regarding the outcome. I will take a photo and post on here in a few weeks when it arrives. I need to do a floor plan today and I think I may suggest the beautiful runner that I did in black a while ago in a different colorway. This time the landing is enclosed, so no diagonal seaming will be needed.