Thursday, October 30, 2008

...that was some party!...


Good day from sunny, cool, clear Chester County, PA. Perhaps you have already heard this but our baseball team has won the World Series. Many parties were had and many more to come over the next several days. This 'win' could not have come at a better time, when people are stressing about jobs, the economy, what to wear for their Halloween Party, etc. It is so mentally healthy to allow breaks in our all consuming schedules. Oh, and speaking of parties, on this day in 1501 the Ballet Of Chestnuts was a banquet held by Cesare Borgia in the Papal Palace where fifty prostitutes or courtesans were in attendance for the entertainment. I wasn't there so I have to trust that someone did a 'head' count. Anyway, Cesare was a Lord and son of Pope Alexander VI. And to answer what you are thinking, yes. The Papal Palace is the one in Vatican City where the Pope lives. Boy do those men know how to partteeee! Maybe not to the extent of Phillies fans, but we have to consider the time difference. Today they would probably have 107 prostitutes, but then again I am simply estimating. I have an appointment late this afternoon with a GREAT lady that I did work for a couple of years ago. I also did work for her sister and then her Mom and Dad which makes me feel awesome. I also sent off another Dodge City Clock to a man in MI via my website. Guess I had better place another accessory order. I just did which included decorative plates, canisters and adorable bottle stoppers but I need to improve my telepathy skills to know exactly what the future holds home fashion wise. Tomorrow is Halloween and I have a dinner to go to. I will place 'Crime Scene' tape across my front entrance and leave a large plastic pumpkin filled with treats for the little darlings. Just take one please! One piece of candy that is, not one full pumpkin...Congratulations to the Phillies and to Cesare Borgia. Have a great day everyone, and uhm, party on...