Tuesday, October 21, 2008

...here's to your health...


We got to the park before sunrise today and let me tell you. It is no mean feat to attach three leashes in the dark. However, we did it. Yesterday I installed new speakers and the truck sounds amazing. On Sunday I helped my friend B move, who has progressive MS. As it turns out, one of the many boxes that I moved contained...you got it...the exact speakers and tweeters(?) that my truck took. Coincidence? I modified them a little, put the door panels back on and am very satisfied with the new sound. I moved some of the boxes to P's home who has both MS and cancer. There is a rather new procedure where they use a laser knife instead of a cold knife. Her incision, if you will is measured now in a few small inches rather than a huge vertical and horizontal cut. Modern medicine. I sure hope they get it all. I sure hope she quits smoking on 11/7 as she has promised, but I am not judging. I don't want to consider the stress that she is under, or how I would deal with it. Last evening C and C came for dinner ( plates shown today)and caught up, finalizing our Halloween costumes for Saturday's party. Back to health. On this day in 1854 Florence Nightingale, ( not the Mom from the Brady Bunch) and a staff of 38 nurses were sent to the Crimean War. I have shop hours today and hope that my internet orders arrive so that I can ship them right out. I also hope that everyone has a great day, eats healthy and drinks Emergenc-E in those Pink Lemonade packets if one feels a cold coming on.