Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Still Summer...


Good day to all. I got to the shop very early this morning thanks to JS who picked me up at the garage. I made the mistake of stopping at KMart and saw a 'Back To School" display and my heart sank. Although it has been many a year since I have set foot into a learning establishment, (other than daily life) I remember that feeling. On this day in 1754, King's College opened in New York City. The Anglican academy would later grow into the venerable Columbia University. The ten students of the college met for their first classes, in Latin and Greek, in a schoolhouse adjoining Trinity Church at Broadway and Wall streets. Yup, ten. Wall decor selection went great yesterday, J deciding on a Leaf Scroll Round Mirror shown here, two Scroll and Leaf Wall Grills and six Olive Branch Design Ceramic Plates to hang in between the Wall grills.(We are not using the blue ones.) The Round Mirror will hang opposite this composition, reflecting the round plates and giving the mirror wall color also. I am hoping that my truck needs only new brakes as I have a ton of things to deliver before Saturday and on that day I plan on flying down to the beach for a small sun and fun session. This morning's walk was fun filled as I had four leashed personalities each wanting to go in a different direction. Thankfully my insomnia had us up and out before most normal people were even awake and the park was OURS. (except for a little old man. I apologized for scaring the s*&t out of him as we turned a shrubbed corner). Always learning. Maybe not Latin or Greek, but schooling comes in many forms. If you must, grab the back to ahem ...school binders if they are a good price but other than that...please remember that today is July 17th and that Summer is alive and well. Oh yeah! One more item. I jumped into the pool late last night forgetting that my GMC remote was in my trunks and guess what. The thing worked. Kudos to GMC, at least in the remote keyless enrty department. I'll report back on their rating regarding brakes when I lean more. It's crazy that they can already need replacing because I truly don't remember even using brakes! Watch out road warriors and have a great day.