Tuesday, July 15, 2008

soothing the savage beast...


Greetings from Chester County, PA. It is again sunny, hot and beautiful. Friends/clients descended on me late Saturday in the shop and it was fun. We were selecting french armchair frames, finishes and fabrics while their darling twin boys blew bubbles, drank iced tea and apparently revamped my laptop! One must keep ones eyes alerted with this duo. Luckily nothing horrible happened and the little tykes somehow added a calendar program that appears when I start my computer. Thanks men! I will leave it there. I love it. They also played the radio at top level while learning how to operate the volume controls. Led Zepplin was playing again and I cannot have that music loud enough. Some walk-in trade may beg to differ, but that conversation is for another time. Music sure does sooth the savage beast(s). I think I solved the taupe paint challenge but now have to make a couple of display boards, let the stuff dry and then hold it in the room among fabrics, etc. Saturday night we went out to dinner and had a great time. Early, (and I mean like 2 am) I awoke and did some laundry and then went swimming at J and J and J's house and had a fun afternoon. TJ, M and C were there also. It was pawsitively wonderful. WXTU was playing and that is a country station in the Philadelphia market. While I was there J gave me two blankets from our childhood and I swear that they smelled of my Mom's perfume. 'Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel'. Along the music theme, on this day in 1929 was the first weekly radio broadcast of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir radio show, Music and the Spoken Word. Donny and Marie Osmond were NOT a part of this choir in it's original form or even later contrary to popular belief. I picked up another pooch last evening and she gets along famously with my four. It's a veritable SPCA at my place. Man's and Woman's best friend even in pillow form. That's 'Lulu' pictured. Last evening we drove around looking at a beat up old Inne that I want and then had dinner outside. When I got home, my neighbor came over and we talked and hung out until sleep beakoned. More later or tomorrow. Smile and be happy.