Friday, July 18, 2008

Love Can Build A Bridge...


Another beautiful hot, sunny day here in Pa and I love it. Adding to the mix are a bunch of construction vehicles that are repaving the parking lot in back of my shop. The rumbling combined with the heat and black macadam makes for a wonderful experience. Love it. Tomorrow I head to the beach and look forward to the salt air and ocean movement. I plan on ending up near water and I don't mean when I die. I mean later in life, and hopefully not too much later. My Mom had a fear of bridges and that is something that I do not share. I get excited driving over them and will tomorrow. Twice I think. There was a song released in 1967 that gave me the creeps and it had to do with bridges. The lyric revolved around the suicide of a girl, the song being 'Ode To Billy Joe' by Bobbie Gentry. I have supplied the link for any of you who want to read the lyrics and read a synopsis of the lyrical meaning. I got my wheels back late yesterday and if you are in the Chester County area and need honest, efficient, expert mechanical service for foreign or domestic vehicles, please do yourself a favor and contact K&S Auto on Planebrook Road in Frazer, Pa. Late yesterday, after the accessory order and a wine run, I walked four dogs simultaneously to great effect. My truck is back and I can now stop. It is definitely a plus as I may need to stop at some point when I get to the shore. Oh yeah, speaking of wine runs and bridges,on this day in 1969, after a party on Chappaquiddick Island, Senator Ted Kennedy from Massachusetts drove an Oldsmobile off a wooden bridge into a tide-swept pond. His passenger, not Billy Jo but Mary Jo Kopechne, died. For those who cannot escape to a beach that requires driving over a bridge or who have no plans to party and then drive over a bridge, I am offering a Suspension Bridge Candleholder today. You can even light a candle for Billy Joe and Mary Jo.