Friday, July 11, 2008

Pearls Of Wisdom...


It is clear and sunny today in Chester County, Pa. I didn't get my regular peaceful morning time for my rituals due to an early arrival but better late than never! That is one pearl of wisdom. Another pearl is an area rug by Masland entitled Bandala Tussore Pearl, a tightly constructed rug with a very sisal-like pile and a low broadloom bordered perimeter. Very low key and nice. Last evening was another great time as my friend N and I hung out and had visitors over, including well-behaved children who swam and swung. I pushed all three very hard and high and their squeals of delight were most welcome. My neighbor M is a schoolteacher and a great lady/neighbor. Last evening as I rush walked my dogs before heading out to dinner a stunning M was driving by. She looked like a million bucks ina deep red jacket and grey pearls around her neck. Turns out that she works part-time at Lord and Taylor. As if teaching isn't enough, she also works in high end retail which is So easy. Interestingly, on this day in 1893 the first cultured pearl was obtained by Kokichi Mikimoto. Mikimoto left school at the age of 13 and sold vegetables to support his family. Seeing the pearl divers of Ise unloading their treasures at the shore in his childhood started his fascination with pearls. How inspiring and how ca-ching also. I am, by default house sitting another dog this coming week. The neighbors should love the additional commotion. But better someone is getting it together in rehab. than ignoring the issue and my not helping out in a small yet yippy way. July is flying. Please, someone, slow it down. One day at a time, but slower. Guess I may be showing my age. I am also showing the Solace Mother Of Pearl Wall Decor available under Home Decor on my website. Did you know that a piece of sand in an oyster is irritating, thus the survival skill of turning the small irritation into a masterpiece. Let's take a small irritation of our own and try to turn it into something nice. Or at least, quiet. Smirk. Have a great day!
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." — Plato