Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bikes, Pillows and Cocktails...


Back to normal! It is sunny, warm and great outside today in Chester County, Pa. Last afternoon into the night we experienced heavy rains and some exciting thunder. I delivered and laid the area rug and padding and it looked great. I lucked out again as the client's son BMc was there and was a huge help. The new rug inspired the client to order new valances and pillows for the adjoining kitchen area. Next will be the enclosed porch. I had dinner with E and J last evening and they made a (wicked) delicious mulled vodka and strawberry cocktail. I was on foot and it's a good thing! Kidding. After dinner I went to CA's to deliver the long awaited needlepoint pillows. She came home from her beach house on Long Beach Island so we hung out for a while. I like her very much. Down to earth, tasteful and genuine. She offered me a vodka tonic and what the heck! I had it. I was fine at 5 am today and hit the park, walking a brisk two miles. Speaking of alcohol consumption, on this day in 1487 Citizens of Leeuwarden, Netherlands striked against a ban on foreign beer. Then they all went out and partied. I am not sure of the last fact, but it is entirely possible. I may drive down to the beach very early tomorrow morning and am considering bringing my bike. On this day in 2005 Lance Armstrong won his seventh consecutive Tour de France. That should inspire me. I solved the discontinued furniture dilemma I think. The client loves both the dresser and night stand and they are still available. I have heard that this sort of thing happens in virtually every industry, but still I hate to disappoint as do many. Back to the needlepoint pillows. I sold two plaid chairs last Christmas for this client, (photo is under Interior Design on my website) and the room needed a bit more punch, thus the pillows. See what a couple hundred more dollars can do to spruce up custom upholstered chairs? I thought so. Have a great day everybody.