Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Flowers and Trees...


Hi. It's sunny, warm and humid today and our morning run was a bit challenging. The park where we run/walk has identification markers on many of the trees so along with it being beautiful, it is also educational. I stumbled on chairs made from Buri Palm leaf thatch and aptly named Maharlika Chairs. The palm leaves are mostly found in the Philippines and make a most sturdy chair. People seem to be going more and more green and for those folks I say 'Sit on it'! The artwork featured today is available under my 'Home Fashions/Wall Decor' section and is very easily placed...if you like white. Many like black and white art. My Mums are beginning to bloom and I thought that was early. I remember them blooming more towards Summer's End but who am I to say when they should bloom. I'll leave that to Mother Nature. Cartoons used to be made in black and white but on this day in1932 Walt Disney's 'Flowers and Trees', the first Academy Award winning cartoon and first cartoon short to use Technicolor, premiered. It was already in production as a black and white film but once he (Disney) caught wind of three strip Technicolor strips he figured his 'Flowers and Trees' would make a great test piece. He was correct, thus the award. Another award went to my friend Tiffany who owns 'Oasis' won the Main Line's Best for Raw Foods. When I first moved my shop I figured her truck was waiting for a tow since it was there from early morning 'till late in the evening for days in a row. Now I know better. She simply works a LOT. Congrats Tiffany! And thanks for the rocks. I had better hop in the shower. A furniture delivery truck is coming this morning and I'd hate to be late and have the truck, ahem...leaf.