Tuesday, May 12, 2009

...water...


Greetings. It is sunny in Chester County this morning and people are slowly losing the duck waddle and getting back to walking like humans. We grabbed some bags of mulch late yesterday and are waiting for the soaked ground to dry a bit before doing more gardening. Not to sound sexist, but every garden except for two in my neighborhood is well executed and all work done is by women. I don't understand why it took until this day in 1978 for the Commerce Department to state that hurricanes will no longer be named strictly after women. Tick tock. They emptied the water tanks/fire hydrants here and some were surprised when they had no running water for the shortest amount of time. It's nice to know that this area keeps a keen eye on these types of things. My friends are supposed to return to Chester County from their Winter in Naples and claimed to me that they will miss sitting by the ocean. I can understand that. Being a water sign myself, I always feel more at home near a body of water. Sometimes a full bath tub has to suffice...Late today I visit PK to measure and choose more Graber Lightlines Roll Shades. Their line is almost all-inclusive with a huge selection of fabrics. It was probably a watershed moment for their competition when that sample book was released! Speaking of water, it is time for me to hop in the shower. Have a great day and if you are in a new situation where you feel a little 'wet behind the ears' do your best to listen and learn.

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." Dan Quayle