Monday, May 18, 2009

...fully charged...


Greetings. It is sunny and cool in Chester County, Pa this morning. We got to the park a little earlier than usual as everyone seemed to be fully charged for a change. I don't bring my cell phone to the park giving us a few moments of transmission free time to focus on the day and our time together. Except, of course, for the biscuit toting power walkers who never seem to forget about us. When I arrive home my cell usually reads 'Fully Charged' and is another signal that we are ready for another day. Jacqueline Cochran was a fully charged woman, (May 11, 1906 – August 9, 1980) and a pioneer American aviator, considered to be one of the most gifted racing pilots of her generation. On this day in 1953 she became the first woman to break the sound barrier. The second woman to do this, by vehicle, is my friend Buffy who achieved this goal many times in her life. In aerodynamics, the sound barrier usually refers to the point at which an aircraft moves from transonic to supersonic speed. A client on Saturday chose Florentine Shades by Prestige in Snow White and I was able to show them a photo of how they look installed as I had installed about 25 of them in a recent job. Also having a physical sample of said shades, I assured the client that they would not look nearly as fuzzy as those shown in my pictures. And yes, my camera was fully charged. Today is JK's birthday and we will go over to her home this afternoon to give presents and then go out to dinner. Happy Birthday J! Saturday night was also a fully charged evening and CK was not as charged the following morning. She had a party for her son and he invited about 150... oops, maybe 15 friends over and it was a full house. Last night we went to the 'Epicurean' for dinner and they have a brand new menu. We had a great time and fully charged the dinner on American Express. Today's photo is one of many new wall brackets that I will be adding to my website once I have a little time to download and Photo shop them. Have a great day and stay as charged as possible.
"As a designer, the mission with which we have been charged is simple: providing space at the right cost." Harry von Zell