Wednesday, May 27, 2009

...mind...


Greetings. We stayed local for our walk this morning as it is...you guessed it...overcast and grey in Chester County, PA. Yesterday for some odd reason I You Tubed Maureen McGovern singing 'Can You Read My Mind' from 'Superman'. One of the finest voices in popular music, I always thought that she should have been a bigger star but sometimes fate can be unfair. Coincidentally, or maybe not so much if you know me at all, on this day in 1995 in Culpepper Virginia, just down the road from my family, actor Christopher Reeve was paralyzed from the neck down after falling from his horse in a riding competition. Bad hand. Maureen McGovern recorded and released 'I Won't Last A Day Without You' at the same time Carpenters did and we know how that turned out. My friend LaLa worked with Maureen and had nothing but great things to say about her. A good attitude is paramount. I shipped the Russell Wright pieces to L in NY and packaged them very carefully. They cannot be replaced as they are pretty much one of a kind. Just like Christopher reeve and Maureen McGovern. Yesterday I blew out three light bulbs and after the gym my cell phone read 12-31-1999 8:00 pm. One odd energy moment after another. I don't know if there is any significance to that date and time. Maybe all cell phones do that on occasion. I'm sure that most of them did on December 31st, 1999 at 8:00 pm. The decorative wooden panels are on their way which will make D and D very happy. They will hang between the kitchen and living room, creating both art and partial privacy without blocking the space. Somewhat like X-ray vision. I received the color, to scale renderings for the two area rugs and one was not drawn correctly. The art department at Masland is awesome but in this case, simple is better. I did instruct them to 'use their creative expression' but I guess they also can't read my mind. Little Max is visiting for a couple of weeks and weighs about 5 ounces. He looks like a moving leaf and I would like some of his energy. I wish that for everyone. Have a great day, be thankful for the little and big things in your life and remember that life may not always be fair, but it is good. Today's photo is 'Brick Leaves Wallpaper'. A bunch of little Max's at about 25 dollars per single roll.
'The mind is everything. What you think you become.' Buddha