Thursday, May 14, 2009

...solace...


Greetings. It is raining in Chester County, PA this morning so we kept to the neighborhood rather than walk the park. It gave me solace to know that not many parents/children were standing at school bus stops as one of my 'housemates' is quite a handful regarding the color yellow. As school buses and rain gear are often yellow, it is my responsibility to keep him from biting said objects. We escaped the walk without even a written harassment warning and I am thankful. On this day in 1796 Edward Jenner, not the curious looking guy on that reality show, administered the first smallpox vaccine. That gave many parents and family members as well as friends solace to know that the disease could possibly become eradicated. Smallpox localizes in small blood vessels of the skin and in the mouth and throat. In the skin, this results in a rash, and later, raised fluid-filled blisters. Yuck. Long-term complications of the smallpox V. major infection include characteristic scars, commonly on the face, which occur in 65–85% of survivors, 30-35% of the victims die. Onto a happier note. There was much less crazy in my day yesterday and I hope that you can report same. A man from NY ordered my 'Solace Mother Of Pearl Inlay' wall decor from my site. Today I install the black and taupe silk window treatments and shower curtain for that Schumacher wallpaper 'Chinois' black guest bath along with a few valances for other rooms. I will take a photo of the finished product, but we know by now that my photography skills will not keep Annie Leibovitz up at night worrying about her job security. I hope she finds solace in that. I'm glad that we took a power walk last evening because I miss when we cannot do it due to this Seattle-like weather. The dogs don't tho'. (Please apply the header title again...) Have a great day and talke solace in knowing that if today becomes stressful and oddity-filled that there is (usually) always tomorrow.

"I took solace in my relationship with God who, along with my dog, was my best friend growing up." Lisa Bonet I agree Lisa...