Tuesday, May 19, 2009

...don't lose your head...


Greetings. The sun is out and the frost quickly melted from my windshield this morning in Chester County, PA. There were no biscuit toting folks at the park because we got there way too early. The 'boys' almost lost their heads but I made up for their lack of treats when we returned home. I heard someone say 'Don't sweat the small stuff...and everything is the small stuff...' which gave me pause. My Mom had a similar attitude. As she was dying from a rare, untreatable illness something in my life would pop up that was less than stellar. I would hesitate to share my minor worries with her considering how minute they were in comparison, but she would tell me that every problem is real. We all have mountains to climb and it seems that once we conquer one, another in in plain sight. My guess is that what matters is how we handle that mountain. On this day in 1536, Anne Boleyn, second wife to Henry VIII truly lost her head. She was beheaded for adultery, treason and incest. Jackie O really kept her head as also on this day in 1962, a birthday salute to President John F. Kennedy took place in Madison Square Garden, the highlight for some being a rendition of 'Happy Birthday' preformed by Marilyn Monroe. The Birthday Party last night was great and it was wonderful to have everyone around the same table. My sister is like me and doesn't like a lot of pomp and circumstance so when the wait staff brought dessert along with some hand clapping and an extremely attention getting song, she sat there with poise and kept her head. Lucky for the wait staff the steak knives had already been removed so they kept their heads as well. Today's photo is of a 'Happy Birthday Apron' which makes a great gift and has a fabric treated coating just in case you need to behead someone. Wash and wear at it's finest, y'all! Have a great day and try not to lose your head.
"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that. " Norman Vincent Peale