Friday, April 3, 2009

...the importance of being earnest...


Greetings. The rain did not prevent us from our morning walk and everyone is now sufficiently Spring cleaned. At least for now. I sat that in earnest because I have heard that cleanliness is next to Godliness and I don't want to piss anyone off. I wrapped the huge box pleated valances in clear plastic and remembered my steamer and the rest of the Florentine Shades as I will be installing this morning and no one wants their custom window treatments Spring cleaned by me. I also have my trusty paper templates folded and ready, (you must be tired of hearing about these things by now) to finalize the area rug for the Sun room. Yesterday JF called for advice and I am hoping that what I have her was sound as she accepted the new position. I did my homework, checked my facts and I think that I guided her in making a move in the positive direction she so deserves. Not so positive, but equally earnest was the trial on this day in 1895 begun by Oscar Wilde. It eventually led to his being imprisoned on charges of homosexuality. It had to do with his being friends with the son of the 9th Marquess of Queensberry. I don't make up the subject matter nor the games in my 'On This Day In' blurbs but you have to admit...My cat is on my lap having awoken again at 3 am causing a ruckus and is now tired. As we all are, again! I have to finish a board mounted box pleated valance right now so I had better run. Have a great day, be earnest but not all of the time. Remember to laugh, especially when you hear the name Queensberry! Pictured today is my 'Ring Mirror' and the Editor at LoftLife Magazine, LH thought it clever enough to feature in their upcoming issue. By the way, the mirror is made of Iron as well as glass.
"It's amazing how much you can learn if your intentions are truly earnest." Chuck Berry