Tuesday, April 14, 2009

...define that...


Hello from rainy Chester County, PA. I spent the day ripping out carpeting and prepping/painting stairs and it was extremely satisfying. One of my housemates is still feeling punk so I have been making him boiled chicken and rice. It seems that my friend/neighbor's dog and another neighbors dog has been experiencing the same symptoms. No lawn service has applied chemicals that we know of and all are keeping their eyes on the progress. I would give a succinct definition of 'symptoms' but don't think it necessary. A little mouse found his way inside last night and I am trying to coax him back outside with American Cheese. So far it isn't working. I hate to open the Brie but will if need be. Or should I say need brie? On this day in 1828 a man named Noah made a huge contribution to society and I don't mean in the way of sailing vessels even tho' it is raining to beat the band here. I am referring to Noah Webster who on this day in 1828 copy wrote the first edition of his dictionary. And no, the other Noah was not married to Joan of Arc nor Joan Van Ark. The skylight shades did not arrive by the time I got into the shop yesterday, but no harm no foul. My gym and bank are just down the road so it was no waste of time. Today I may go and measure for two more area rugs. The movers were supposed to have delivered the remainder of the furniture yesterday but one homeowner was 'under the weather'. Standing in the rain this morning as the boys did their stuff I was actually 'under the weather' also but feel fine. That's probably for another blog anyway. Have a great day, communicate clearly and define your terms if necessary. Today's photo is of a 'Metal Console Table', metal being very much 'in' these days. 'In' being defined as...
"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou