Wednesday, April 29, 2009

...controversy...




Greetings. It is trying to clear right now in Chester County, PA. Rains fell last night and cooled the unseasonable temperatures. I prefer it hot and had that dispute with neighbors late last evening. To each his own! I made dinner and we sat out on my deck and had a great time. We may not agree on the weather but no one argued about the meal! Polite disputes are always in order as long as people can argue in a diplomatic manner. On this day in 1968 the controversial musical Hair opened on Broadway. A product of the hippie counter-culture and sexual revolution of the 1960s, several of its songs became anthems of the anti Vietnam War peace movement. The musicals profanity, its depiction of the use of illegal drugs, its treatment of sexuality, its irreverence for the American Flag, and its nude scene caused much comment and controversy. Yeah, I understand but...but how was my Chicken Parmigiana? One of the original leads in 'Hair' is also one of my favorite female vocalists. Jennifer Warnes sang 'Right Time Of The Night', 'Up Where We Belong', '(I've Had The) Time Of My Life' and recorded the classic Leonard Cohen tracks on her 'Famous Blue Raincoat' album after a successful run in the musical. I own all of her available music and recommend anyone reading this to check her out if you aren't already familiar with her body of work. My nephew is especially fond of 'Shot Through The Heart'. Ask him and he may perform for you. But then again, you may spark some controversy. I deliver the wall papers today and along with that I have a few new fabrics to present to a wonderful client. Friends are considering renting a room in their unique Farmhouse here in Chester Springs and I interviewed a person yesterday. It's funny how I got an odd feeling simply by speaking to her on the phone. Has that happened to you? Well, thanks to Google we did a quick search and learned many, many 'controversial' things about this person. The room remains available. Have a great day, keep your eyes, ears and intuition open and do the best that you can. It's really all that we can do. Today's photo is of my 'Leopard and Red Napoleonic Area Rug'.

"I have the New York Daily News to thank for the jeans controversy." Calvin Klein