Saturday, April 4, 2009

...have a heart...


Hello! It is windy and sunny here in Chester County, PA today. The air smells fresh and clean and does my heart proud to see how well maintained the park is. I secretly devote about every third Sunday to cleaning up trash and crap in the wee hours so that no one sees me. I haven't needed to recently, but that will probably change once the playing fields are back in action. We picked up the pace during this morning's walk and all 4 of us can feel our hearts pounding. I feel lucky that all of us have healthy hearts. On this day in 1969 Dr. Denton Cooley implanted the first temporary artificial heart. I have encountered a few people in my lifetime who would benefit from one of these as it must be hard to go through life without a heart! Yesterday's installation went beautifully. I installed box pleated valances at the ceiling line to create height and give the Media Room a lift. The Florentine Shades were done in Blackout Arctic White so that absolutely no glare would be seen. I then hung a gorgeous Oriental Rug from a decorative pole on the wall which cost almost as much as my truck, not to be tacky. I took photos but am not entirely happy with them. I usually love my designs but do not like my photography skills. I may post the photos anyway. For example, the area rug that I laid I photographed. Now I will have to Photo shop out my stocking feet. Ugh. Speaking of my truck, after shop hours today my plan was to take out everything from it including the seats (Suburbans have that option) and deliver a beautiful armoire and TV to the Cathcart House here in Valley Forge. Guess what? Some kind people who definitely have a heart are doing it without my lifting a finger. Guess what else...three days ago the TV in the dementia unit broke. Now try to tell me that there isn't some rhyme and reason in the universe. The sun is shining, our hearts are beating so make this a great day. 'Fayette Lighthouses' are today's photo.
"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank