Friday, September 11, 2009

...where there is hope...


Greetings. It is appropriately dark, cool, rainy and dismal outside. I think that Mother Nature may be crying for what happened on this day several years back. I can only speak for Chester County, PA, but that is certainly the case here. There really are no words to explain the vast change that this historic day has made on the US and the world. People suffered loss, changes in attitude, questions about the government and queries into who was really responsible for this horrible act that stole from so many. I had no idea, at the time, that this life changing occurrence was happening as I was waiting on a client and not sitting in front of a television set nor did I have the news radio on. I remember phoning the client at around ten oh five to ask where she was. Her tense voice asked me if I knew what was going on and as I just said, I had absolutely no idea. She reiterated what was going on and had mentioned a few friends who were in the area. I could tell that she was 'terrified'. Much information has come out about this horrible day and more information needs to be investigated, studied and released. Conspiracy? Inside job? Hateful people outside the US who want to bring down our economy or sense of safety? I'd love some replies on this subject. As the rain falls in Chester County on 9/11/2009, on this day in 1792 the Hope Diamond was stolen along with other crown jewels when six men broke into the house used to store the jewels. Today's photo is the 'Directoire Table' by Grange of France. A foreigner who makes the most beautiful pieces.
"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." Aristotle Onassis