Monday, September 7, 2009

...Oxford Riverwalk...


...take me to the river, drop me in the water. You may remember my blogging about the drapery installation at Oxford Riverwalk in Royersford, PA. They called me on Wednesday, August 12th to find out if I would be willing to install their drapery and their hardware in the Clubroom in time for the August 15th Grand Opening. I emailed my rates that day and never heard back from them. Then, that Friday at 3:30 PM Kendra from Focus Design Interiors called to find out if I was heading to the job site! I stopped what I was doing and headed to Oxford Riverwalk. Arriving at the scene I learned that another installer had walked off of the job as the proper hardware hadn't been ordered the first time around. A very nice lady named Christine Smith, Leasing Consultant at Oxford Riverwalk pointed me in the direction of the newly shipped hardware but as it turns out, Focus Design Group had again sent the incorrect parts. As the Grand Opening was the following morning, I did what I do best and made a design out of the poles that did not cover the entire window, the brackets that were too deep for the moulding and omitted the one finial that should have been at least two, preferably four but still made the Clubroom Window look pretty. I hung the wood poles at each side of the 19' plus picture window and also installed the four ringed panels and then took a trick of the trade from my truck (Cordovan Shoe Polish) and finished the raw pole ends so that they would look acceptable for the next day's event. While providing my design service and installations many calls from my cell phone back and forth to Georgia provided much relief to Kendra and Kendrell at Focus Design Group. Leaving the site a couple of hours later, everyone there seemed quite happy with my ingenuity. The following day I received an email thanking me for the job and to provide payment methods which I gave as I accept major credit cards, checks, cash, etc. Job well done!