Wednesday, September 9, 2009

...shake, rattle and swivel...


Hello. I waited for a chair delivery until after hours yesterday and they arrived just as ordered. The trucker was apologetic and I understood his tardiness as many things are unpredictable and it was his first time delivering to my shop. He also invited me to go to "New Hope" with him, but that's a story for another time. Another first happened on this day in 1956 as Elvis Presley appeared on "The Ed Sullivan Show." On this initial performance Elvis was visibly nervous. He sang "Shake, Rattle and Roll" and "Heartbreak Hotel" doing some of his now trademark shaking, swiveling and gyrations. He then left the stage. By his final appearance he had driven the ladies in the crowd, and perhaps a few men, into a frenzy. Is there a lesson in here? Oh, yeah. Just because something scares you it doesn't mean that you shouldn't try and give it your all. Maybe not with gyrations but that would depend on the scene. Dinner was of course late and afterwards we watched "Milk" starring Sean Penn and all enjoyed the flick very much. I think Brolan's character was a closet case but not all watching agreed with me. Any thoughts? Speaking of closets, has everyone taken their summer clothes out and stored them yet? Not me. I am still waiting warm weather; call me a fool. but "Love Me Tender." I faxed an order for more Bar stools but do not have a proper photo to show. The one pictured is similar in style but not quite as nice. I will try to take photos when they arrive, but we all know how my picture taking goes. Once finished with something I tend to move ahead. Not good for my portfolio, but...
Back to Elvis. The bar stools are swivel so the client will be happy if they get into a "Shake, Rattle and Roll" mood. Just don't fall off! I'd hate for the weathered wood finished legs to get chipped. My concerns also go out to the clients themselves of course. Have a great day. Don't let something that you want to try scare you enough to ignore and gyrate for all you are worth. Again, depending on the scene.
"Every time I think that I'm getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens." Elvis Presley