Friday, September 25, 2009

...do little...


Hi. Most of us have a lot to do every day and sometimes it is hard to keep everything running smoothly. I am lucky to have been born with an excellent memory, (thanks God!) which can be a blessing and a curse. The shop next to me asked for my cell number and I got most of it right. Have you ever done that? I can't take responsibility for doing little, perhaps at times, too much. Last evening at dinner hour, a client called and we tried to talk over the cat making his dinner demands while the three dogs barked in excitement for their somewhat new antioxidant dinner blend. I mentioned to the client that I must sound like Dr. Dolittle and she replied, 'Oh, I know all about you Jim." All? Yikes. On this day in 1929, Jimmy Dolittle performed the first blind flight from Mitchel Field, proving that full Instrument flying from take off to landing was possible. His fictitious brother, Doctor John Dolittle is the central character of a series of children's books by Hugh Lofting. He is a doctor who shuns human patients in favour of animals, with whom he can speak in their own languages. He later becomes a naturalist, using his abilities to speak with animals to better understand nature and the history of the world. I love it. Hit this link for a 'groovy, hip' rendition of the classic song. You may need to get your Go Go boots out of the mothballs also. Just an idea. The bar stools are supposed to be delivered today and the Laura Ashley drapery fabric is en route. A client in TN ordered some of my hand painted ceramic tassels and they should arrive shortly also. I like the 'Pearly Girly Pink Ceramic Tassels" the best and, well, you know. Have a great day, do a lot and let's thank both Jimmy and Doctor Dolittle for doing so much. Pictured today is a sort of 'cross section' of how my upholstered chairs are constructed. Talk about doing a lot.
"It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little - do what you can." Sydney Smith